Institute Roll Number: 1301161004
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org/
Area of Research: River Basin Governance
Water and River Basin Governance are the cross- cutting issues of today. Effectiveness in water governance can only be brought if we manage the water well especially through rivers which are the crucial natural resource of today. River Basin Governance is one way to understand and manage the water well through forming networks and relationships between government bodies, the private sector, NGO‘s community groups and individual. The scholar has an aim to encourage stakeholders to actively participate in designing, planning, managing and implementing water management activities through giving suggestions and recommendation which in future could be incorporated in policy making. So that it helps both the government and the public to innovate and adapt to changing circumstances.
Topic of Research:Study of River Basin Governance in India: Case Study Kshipra River Basin in Malwa Region of Madhya Pradesh.
- National Eligibility Test for Lectureship in Public Administration. (December 2010)
- Masters of Public Administration from University of Lucknow, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.(2009-2011)
- Bachelors of Public Administration from University of Lucknow, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.(2006-2009)
- Presented Paper Titled: “Understanding River Basin in India: Case Study of Kshipra River Basin In Indore and Ujjain Districts of Madhya Pradesh,” organized by University of Bergen, Bergen,Norway on (21st June, 2016)
- Presented Paper Titled: “The effect of Climate change on the tier two cities in India: Case Indore
and Ujjain Districts with reference to River Kshipra of Madhya Pradesh,“ at Eighth International Conference on Climate change: Impact and Responses organized by Climate Change: Impacts & Responses Knowledge Community at Vietnam National University, Hanoi Vietnam.(21st and 22nd of April, 2016)
- Presented Paper Titled: “Understanding the Effect of Urbanization on Environment: A Case Study of River Khan in Indore City” in the 8th Biennial Conference of The Indian Society for Ecological Economics (INSEE) on “Urbanization and the Environment” jointly hosted by Department of Management Studies-Indian Institute of Science, Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and Environment and National Institute for Advanced Studies during January 4-6, 2016 in Bengaluru, India
- Attended as Delegate the National Conference on Global Warming & Climate Change- A Way Out organized at Madhya Pradesh VidhanSabha, Bhopal from 21-22 November, 2015.
- Presented Paper Titled: “Understanding the Process and Outcomes of River Basin Management in India( Case: Chambal River Basin in Madhya Pradesh)” in the form of a proposal at National Level Graduate Research Meet 2015 organized by The Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati During 28-30 October, 2015.
- Internship for two months At PrashantBhushan’sSambhaavnaa Institute of Public Policy and Politics- Summer Schools for Rethinking Development. ( 6 weeks program ), ( 25th May 2014- 8 th July 2014)
- Aruna Roy and Nikhil Dey’sorganisationMajdoorKisan Shakti Sangathan (field visit in rural areas of Rajasthan regarding Employment Guarantee Act) ( 8 thjune 2014- 27th june 2014)
- Internship (for 3 months) under Mohan MakeinsPvt Limited under the topic of Solid Waste Management (2011)
- Workshop on Qualitative Research Method organised by All India Management Association in New Delhi on 12th March, 2016.
- National Workshop on Research Methodology for Social Sciences, sponsored by the Indian Council Of Social Science Research, New Delhi and Organized by The Gujarat Institute of Development Research Ahmedabad, during February 25- March 06, 2014
- Completed 10 credits in the course- River Basins, Power and Law under the theme “Water, Climate and Society-2016” at Bergen Summer Research School, organized by University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway (13th June to 23rd June, 2016).
- Worked as a Supervisor for one month in 2014 with Taru Leading Edge in Indore on a Project named: Study of water logging and flooding in slums of Indore.
- Written a script in Hindi Language on Transgender with Keshav Bhalla and Vishal Jain, performed by graduate students of Indore School of Social Work and Indian Institute of Technology Indore organized at technical and cultural festival Fluxus-2015 at the inaugural night (2nd April 2015).
- Participant from IIT Indore in 100mts, 200mts, 400mts and 800mts events held in the Sports meet at IIT Bombay in December 2014.